The Biondi winery is based in the region of Etna, which covers around 17,000 square meters of land. The winery is a tribute to dedication and hard work and is known for cultivating grapes. The territory has volcanic soil and red pumice; it offers a beautiful scenic view. This particular soil gives the vines all the nutrients from the ground to absorb. The winery was founded in 1600, and the three original vineyards are still in existence; they are taken care of by the present owners. At the end of the 19th century, Biondi Winery was established and expanded incredibly in the early 1900s. The commitment and passion for producing wines can be traced back to Salvatore Biondi and his brother, Cirino.
The reputation of the wines of Mount Etna, the enormous active volcano that dominates the northeastern corner of Sicily, has soared in the last few years. It is now known as one of the best wine-producing areas in Italy. Ciro Biondi’s family has owned vineyards in this area since at least 1800 and began selling bottled wine under their label a century ago. The modern iteration of the Biondi winery began in 1999. Barrel storage is in the old cellar of the family house in the center of Trecastagni. Biondi’s cellar and three single vineyards are on the south-east slope of the volcano, in Trecastagni